Borussia Dortmund fans definitely are disappointed on one of the transfers of the season, but the question lies did Borussia Dortmund did enough in the market to cover up for that loss? Let’s find the answer by reviewing their Summer Transfer Window 2017/18.
TRANSFERS IN :
- Andrey Yarmolenko (27) | Winger (RW) | From DYNAMO KYIV (€25 millions)
- Maximilian Philipp (23) | Striker (ST) | From SC FREIBURG (€20 millions)
- Omer Toprak (27) | Defender (CB) | From BAYER LEVERKUSEN (€12 millions)
- Mahmoud Dahoud (21) | Midfielder (CM) | From BOR. M’GLADBACH (€12 millions)
- Jeremy Toljan (23) | Defender (LB) | From TSG HOFFENHEIM ((€5 millions)
TRANSFERS OUT :
- Ousmane Dembele (20) | Winger (LW) | To FC BARCELONA (€105 millions)
- Matthias Ginter (23) | Defender (CB) | To BOR. M’GLADBACH (€17 millions)
- Emre Mor (20) | Winger (RW) | To CELTA DE VIGO (€13 millions)
- Sven Bender (28) | Defender (CB) | To BAYER LEVERKUSEN (€12.5 millions)
- Adrian Ramos (31) | Striker (ST/CF) | To CQ DANGDAI LIF. (€12 millions)
- Pascal Stenzel (21) | Defender (RB) | To SC FREIBURG (€4 millions)
- Mikel Merino (21) | Midfielder (CDM) | To NEWCASTLE (Loan)
- Hendrik Bonmann (23) | Goalkeeper (GK) | To 1860 MUNICH (Free)
- Dzenis Burnic (19) | Midfielder (CDM) | To VFB STUTTGART (Loan)
- Felix Passlack (19) | Defender (RB) | To TSG HOFFENHEIM (Loan)
The most shocking transfer for the fans of Borussia Dortmund was definitely the sale of their star young attacker, Ousmane Dembele to FC Barcelona for a staggering €105 millions. But Dortmund have failed to replace him with another quality winger, which is going to cost them in the near future. Also, they didn’t buy known or experienced players to cover up for defensive positions and also in the area of midfield.
All in all, Dortmund had a forgettable transfer window, which they should have done right considering the amount they got for Dembele which could have been used to get some great players. Thus, Borussia Dortmund are the LOSERS of the Summer Transfer Window 2017/18.