Bayern Munich made some surprising additions & departures this season. Also two legends of the game – Xabi Alonso & Philipp Lahm – announced their retirement from the world of football. Let’s look how they fared in the Summer Transfer Window 2017/18.
TRANSFER IN :
- Corentin Tolisso (22) | Midfielder (CM) | From OLYMPIQUE LYON (€42.5 millions)
- Kingsley Coman (21) | Winger (RW) | From JUVENTUS (€21.5 millions)
- Niklas Sule (21) | Defender (CB) | From TSG HOFFENHEIM (€21 millions)
- James Rodriguez (26) | Attacking Midfielder (CAM) | From REAL MADRID (Loan)
- Serge Gnabry (21) | Winger (LW) | From WERDER BREMEN (€8 millions)
- Sebastian Rudy (27) | Midfielder (CDM) | From TSG HOFFENHEIM (Free)
TRANSFERS OUT :
- Medhi Benatia (30) | Defender (CB) | To JUVENTUS (€17 millions)
- Renato Sanches (20) | Midfielder (CM) | To SWANSEA CITY (Loan)
- Douglas Costa (26) | Winger (LW) | To JUVENTUS (Loan)
- Serge Gnabry (22) | Winger (LW) | To TSG HOFFENHEIM (Loan)
- Holger Badstuber (28) | Defender (CB) | To VFB STUTTGART (Free)
Bayern Munich probably made the deal of the summer, by getting James Rodriguez from Real Madrid for a loan period of 2 years and an option to buy him for just €35 millions. They were also able to get rid of under-performing players of last years that too on loan only. They made some great young additions to their squad which gives them a great depth to their squad.
Obviously Bayern Munich got what they wanted and got rid of players who didn’t perform up to the mark or weren’t required anymore in the squad. Thus, Bayern Munich are the WINNERS of the Summer Transfer Window 2017/18.