Liverpool had a pretty dull transfer window compared to their counterparts. Let’s look how they fared in the Summer Transfer Window 2017/18.
TRANSFERS IN :
- Mohamed Salah (25) | Winger (RW) | From AS ROMA (€42 millions)
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (24) | Midfielder (RM) | From ARSENAL (€38 millions)
- Andrew Robertson (23) | Defender (LB) | From HULL CITY (€9 millions)
- Dominic Solanke (19) | Striker (ST) | From CHELSEA (Free)
TRANSFERS OUT :
- Mamadou Sakho (27) | Defender (CB) | To CRYSTAL PALACE (€28 millions)
- Lucas Leiva (30) | Midfielder (CDM) | To LAZIO (€6 millions)
- Kevin Stewart (23) | Midfielder (CDM) | To HULL CITY (€5 millions)
- Andre Wisdom (24) | Defender (RB) | To DERBY (€2 millions)
- Divock Origi (22) | Attacker (CF/ST) | To VFL WOLFSBURG (Loan)
They may have made a record signing, but that does not bolster their squad which also goes to Arsenal. Salah is an explosive forward, a great addition to their already young and energized attack. Another good capture was Chelsea’s youth player Solanke. The breaking news came on the deadline day when they agreed to sign Arsenal’s Oxlade-Chamberlain. But still they haven’t brought new players in the area which they needed the most – Defense. Their defense still remains their biggest weak link. Their failed attempts to sign Virgil van Dyke only added to the club’s mockery.
On one side they boast a great, young and versatile attack, whereas on the other side their defense is really weak, which can be exploited quite easily. This is still the reason why they haven’t been able to challenge for the title in the past 3-4 years even after scoring so many goals. This is the reason why Liverpool are the LOSERS of the Summer Transfer Window 2017/18.