The Groups have been formed for the upcoming World Cup in Russia and it looks like the five-time world champions Brazil do not have an easy task.
Brazil will now have designs on topping World Cup’s Group E at Russia 2018. To do so they need to get better of Switzerland, Costa Rica, and Serbia. The first team to qualify for the world cup was Brazil after the Russia who were automatically qualified being the tournament hosts beating Paraguay 3-0 on 28 March 2017.
• Switzerland has performed well in playoff coming second in Group B with 27 points behind Portugal after losing 2-0 at Lisbon in their final match.
• With the star players like Keylor Navas and Bryan Ruiz, Costa Rica reached Quarter-finals at World-Cup 2014 losing 4-3 to Netherlands on penalties.
• Brazil 2nd on World ranking has made seven World-Cup final appearances winning five.
• Playing last World-Cup in 2010 Serbia( early known as Yugoslavia) has made two Semi-Finals appearances in 1930 and 1962.
• Brazil, Switzerland, and Serbia were drawn in the same first-round group in Brazil 1950.
Read More : FIFA World Cup 2018 Draw – Results Out
A FIFA Confederation Cup winner and Olympic gold medalist, Neymar is set to make his second World-Cup appereance.
Switzerland’s player of the year in 2017. The Arsenal Midfielder has performed well in 2014 World-Cup and set to make his mark in Russia.
Scored three goals in qualifying for Russia 2018. Ruiz was key player for Costa Rica reaching 2014 World-Cup Quater Finals.
Serbia’s captain since 2012, Ivanovic recently reached a century of caps for his national team. Having won the UEFA Champions League and three English Premier League titles with Chelsea.