As we approach the year-end, it’s time for the most prestigious Ballon d’Or 2017. This award should not be mistaken with FIFA’s ‘The Best’ awards. Between 2010 to 2015, the award featured under a FIFA banner but the new FIFA president Giani Infantino decided to scrape away this award and restore the pre – 2010 format where FIFA’s World’s Best Player and the Ballon d’Or were different entities.
When & Where
The event will kick off at 12:15 AM IST in Paris where it will be held. Although, the arrival of stars at the event, i.e, the Red Carpet would begin a couple of hours before.
France daily L’ Equipe’s TV channel will cover the event as of now.
The host for the event is Tottenham Hotspur’s legend and former Newcastle United winger David Ginola.
The winner for The Ballon d’Or will be decided upon the votes by 173 journalists across the globe unlike FIFA’s The Best Football awards where the major decision relied upon the votes by the National Captains and Coaches.
- Neymar – Paris St. Germain
- N’Golo Kante – Chelsea
- Luka Modric – Real Madrid
- Paulo Dybala – Juventus
- Marcelo – Real Madrid
- Edin Dzeko – Roma
- Harry Kane – Tottenham
- David De Gea – Manchester United
- Kevin De Bruyne – Manchester City
- Robert Lewandowski – Bayern Munich
- Karim Benzema – Real Madrid
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang – Borussia Dortmund
- Edison Cavani – Paris St. Germain
- Philippe Coutinho – Liverpool
- Luis Suarez – FC Barcelona
- Jan Oblak – Atletico Madrid
- Sergio Ramos – Real Madrid
- Dries Mertens – Napoli
- Radamel Falcao – Monaco
- Sadio Mane – Liverpool
- Gianluigi Buffon – Juventus
- Antoine Griezmann – Atletico Madrid
- Toni Kroos – Real Madrid
- Cristiano Ronaldo – Real Madrid
- Leonardo Bonucci – AC Milan
- Eden Hazard – Chelsea
- Isco – Real Madrid
- Lionel Messi – FC Barcelona
- Mats Hummels – Bayern Munich
- Kylian Mbappe – Paris St. Germain
You can check our verdict for the Ballon d’Or here ->>