Argentina will be looking forward to winning The World Cup but seems like it will be really hard for them to move past the group stages as they face the underdogs Iceland, Croatia, and Nigeria.
Although neither of the teams except Argentina has managed to gain any spotlight in the previous World Cups, it seems like they will be a tough barrier to the former World Cup finalists in their quest to win The World Cup.
Latest Fifa Rankings:
- Argentina were the 2014 World Cup finalists losing The World Cup to Germany 0-1.
- Iceland will be appearing for the first time ever in a World Cup.
- It will be for the first time when Argentina will take on Iceland and Croatia will take on Nigeria.
- Iceland reached The Quarter Finals of Euro 2016 after eliminating England in Round of 16.
- Iceland and Croatia were in the same in World Cup Qualifiers group in which Iceland ended up being in the 1st position.
One of the best in the world, Lionel Messi won The Golden Ball in World Cup 2014 and will be dreaming of winning it with The World Cup itself this time. Messi’s Hattrick in the qualifiers was as crucial as Messi is to Argentina. No wonder this guy can do it all on his own.
The best midfielder in the world currently, Luka Modric will be aiming high this World Cup. The Croatian Captain will be having his third World Cup appearance.
The first-ever World Cup appearance for The Iceland midfielder. Very crucial player for both club and country. Recently scored an important goal for Iceland against Kosovo to finish 1st in their qualifiers group.
JOHN OBI MIKEL
The former Chelsea Star and Nigerian captain will certainly feel the competitivity in the group. Seems like it will be an extremely tough nut for Nigeria to crack but with a captain like Mikel, they can surely increase their possibilities to get ahead in The World Cup.