UEFA Champions League will be back with a bang this February when the Spanish sides Real Madrid, Barcelona and Sevilla will be taking on extremely tough opponents in The UCL Round of 16 draws. Fans are always looking for excitements and magic in UCL matches and this year it seems like we will be reliving the thrilling 2009 semi-finals when Barcelona takes on Chelsea. The Champions League trophy has been on the palms of The Spanish Giants Real Madrid and Barcelona for the last 4 years while Sevilla won The Europa League consecutively for 3 times. The Spanish Side Real Madrid are sitting on the throne for the past 2 years with complete dominance in Europe while Barcelona and Sevilla will be looking to claim the throne themselves as they hope PSG knocks Real Madrid out but will it be that easy when their opponents are The English Giants and former UCL winners Chelsea and Manchester United. A big question mark this year on the survival of any of the Spanish Sides, Is it finally the time they will be losing the European dominance?
Real Madrid vs PSG
Cristiano Ronaldo will be back in Paris again but not that happy this time as Real Madrid faces PSG in Champions League Round of 16. Neymar has scored 6 goals in UCL this season and is just 3 behind The Best Player and UCL top scorer Ronaldo. Quite surprisingly, Neymar was the one to rescue Barcelona against PSG and this time he will be playing for PSG against Real Madrid with transfer rumors of his move to Real Madrid next season. Anything can happen when Real Madrid are your opponents, although they have suffered a lot with their form, Real Madrid will be hoping to regain all their momentum back again in their quest to win the UCL 3rd time in a row.
- Real Madrid and PSG have met only 2 times in The Champions League back in the 2015 season in the group stage matches where Real Madrid won 1-0 home and drew 0-0 away.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has been the top scorer for UCL 6 times already. He is again on the top of the scoresheet with 9 goals to his name.
- Real Madrid defender Dani Carvajal was suspended for two matches and will be out for the first leg match against PSG.
- PSG scored 25 goals in group stages, The most for any team in the group stage yet.
Barcelona vs Chelsea
Reds vs Blues yet again in this all-time thriller as Barcelona takes on Chelsea with high ambitions. The rivalry got all set up when Barcelona won the semi-finals against Chelsea in 2009 with the referees turning a blind eye on Barcelona and they went on to win the UCL. This fixture has resulted in 4 draws in their previous 5 matches with Chelsea winning the first leg of the 2012 UCL semi-finals after which they went on to win the UCL. Chelsea got their revenge back in 2012, but will Barca get their revenge this time or will they get knocked out of the blues?
- Barcelona and Chelsea have faced each other 12 times in The Champions League.
- Ter Stegen of Barcelona is on the top of the clean sheet charts with impressive 4 clean sheets in 5 games.
- Nelson Semedo of Barcelona is suspended and will miss the first leg fixture vs Chelsea.
- Lionel Messi hasn’t scored a goal past the blues in their last 8 matches.
Sevilla vs Manchester United
Sevilla and Manchester United will be facing each other for the first time in UCL. The former Europa League winner will be battling head-on with Manchester United to qualify for the next round of UCL. Jose Mourinho will not be taking this match for granted as Sevilla has proved themselves quite worthy of such competitions winning the Europa League back to back 3 times in a row. Jose Mourinho is quite the manager for such jobs having already won The UCL with Inter and Porto.
- Sevilla and Manchester United have never faced each other in competitive fixtures.
- Wissam Ben Yedder of Sevilla has scored 6 goals in the competition and is the second most top goal scorer this season.
- Manchester United won the Europa League last season while Sevilla has won the Europa League for a record 5 times.
Too many questions on the page for the Spanish sides this time as the competition has taken a wrong turn for them. Will Real Madrid get de-throned? Will The dominance of the Spanish sides come to an end? Only to find out more when the most exciting part of this competition begins this February.